Here are five basic tips which I use for all my websites and they are SEO 101 tips recommended by Google
- Define a good title on your website which reflects the website's nature and content: This is what google uses to put as heading in its search result display. e.g. for dailytechscape.com <title>Relevant and intelligently picked daily technology news and articles. It cuts the noise and shows most relevant news item in the tech world. </title>
- Use good and relevant domain name and keep your url structures also user readable with descriptive text. e.g. dailytechscape.com/daily-technology-news
- Use meta tags as good description on your site. Google uses this tag to show detail about your site in its search result list e.g <meta name="description" content="Technology, News, Landscape, hand picked and relevant daily technology news, news about startups, daily technical landscape">
- If possible prepare sitemap for your site and keep the site structure simple and easy to understand for googlebot to navigate and crawl
- Final and the most important basic concept. Keep your site with good, relevant content and keep it updated and manage it actively.